Today is the start of Sephora’s Friends and Family 2010 promotion – it is 20% off your order! And I am not sure what the total is – I think $50 – but if you go over that there is free shipping! I first heard about this about 6 years ago and it seems like I always remember about it again mid-November when it is over. So this year I searched online (most sites are saying it starts tomorrow) and I decided to try the code today since a few sites were saying it started October 21st. It worked for me today!
Here is what I bought:
*Living Proof Straight Making No Frizz Styling Spray for Fine to Medium Hair
I bought a tiny sample size of this in Las Vegas a year ago and it is awesome! When you know it will be a very humid Florida day this stuff keeps your hair frizz free and super soft!
*Bliss Glamour Gloves
My old ones are getting a little gross looking and now that i think about it they are probably 5 years old. Time for new ones!
*Bliss Softening Socks
As I mentioned with the gloves, my old ones are gross and around 5 years old.
*Laura Mercier Purifying Oil – Light
I have the Shu Uemura High Performance Balancing Oil and it is almost out so I thought this winter I would try something new. I’m looking forward to trying this. I love the Laura Mercier line – if Sephora had the 3 pack of body creams that would be a part of this order, too! It is at Bloomingdales every year around the holidays so I will keep looking. By the way – Bloomingdales has the BEST selection of beauty gift kits ever! I always end up buying a few every year.
*Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Liner Shadow – Onyx
My favorite makeup artist Michele Mann told me about this line and I fell in love with it. It has great pigment – a little bit goes a long way! And I needed a good black to add to my collection
*Clinique Naturally Glossy Mascara in Jet Brown
This is my all time favorite day to day mascara. It is just what the name says – natural looking and glossy. It isn’t thick, it doesn’t lengthen and most important it isn’t waterproof. So I can’t wear it to a wedding (yes, I cry at weddings!). But I just can’t seem to find another basic mascara that tops this one!
*Sephora Favorites LashStash Mascara Deluxe Sampler
I bought this last year and it had a whole different set of mascaras this year. I have a few favorite mascaras but for some reason I am still on the hunt for something better. Last year the set included Tarte’s 4 Day Lash Stain and it is now my all time favorite waterproof mascara!
This year’s set includes the following:
– 0.31 oz Too Faced LashLight Mascara in Black (full size)
– 0.11 oz Josie Maran GOGO Instant Natural Volume Argan Mascara in Pitch Black
– 0.1 oz Tarte MultiplEYE Clinically-Proven Lash Enhancing Mascara in Black
– 0.1 oz Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara in Black
– 0.141 oz Blinc Kiss Me Mascara in Black
– 0.207 Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Mascara in Black
– 0.20 oz Buxom Lash Mascara in Blackest Black
– 0.14 oz Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara in Black
– 0.09 oz Sephora Collection Advanced Lash Booster in Black
– 0.16 oz Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara in Onyx
– Tarte Picture Perfect Eyelash Curler
And FYI they are selling last year’s unsold LashStash for a fraction of the cost if you want to try it, too. It includes the following:
– 0.16 oz Hourglass Superficial Lash
– 0.09 oz Urban Decay Skyscraper Multi-Benefit Mascara
– 0.13 oz Korres Abyssinia Oil Volumizing and Strengthening Mascara
– 0.14 oz Benefit A Little Bit BADGal Lash Mascara
– 0.2 oz Smashbox Lash DNA
– 0.03 oz Laura Mercier Thickening and Building Mascara
– 0.07 oz Fresh Supernova
– 0.1 oz Sephora Lash Stretcher
– 0.14 oz Tarte 4 Day Stay Lash Stain
– 0.12 oz Cargo LashActivator
*Tarte Ring It In Cheek Stain Set
I love the Tarte cheek stains (my favorite one is Blissful) and I tried these three out in the Sephora store to make sure I liked all three and they were awesome! I am not so sure about the ring but I will see when it gets here.
*Tarte Good As Gold Lipgloss Collection
I bought this last year around the holidays and I love the little glosses. They are the perfect size to mix it up every day.
*Tarte 4 Day Lash Stain
As I mentioned above this was in the LashStash 2009 set and I love it! I wear it to weddings and it doesn’t budge all day – not even with heat, sweat and tears!
Then I picked the following free samples:
*Sephora Collection Colorful Mono Eyeshadow in Brown Harmony
*Urban Decay Stardust Eyeshadow in Retrograde and Space Cowboy
*Jurlique Balancing Day Care Cream (I happen to love the Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist so I thought I would give this a try)
Here is the Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist – it is great for spraying on your face before you put on your moisturizer.
And last but not least, the promo code for Sephora Friends and Family 2010 is: FF2010